Box Office Opening Hours – in person booking
Monday to Friday 10.00am—5.00pm
Saturday & Sunday (concert nights only) 2.00pm—5.00pm
Counter service until 8pm concert nights
Alternatively please email your (non-urgent) ticket enquiries to our Box Office team at email@example.com.
Online bookings available 24 hours.
For information regarding Rescheduled & Cancelled Events please follow the link.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
Arriving at the venue and entry (reviewed 9 December 2021)
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask on arrival at the venue, queuing to enter, when seated in the auditorium, and at all times inside the building, other than when you are consuming food and beverages. Please help us to keep staff and each other as safe as possible at all times. If you are exempt from wearing a mask please see GOV.uk for more information on exemption cards.
- You must not attend the event if you have recently tested positive for Covid-19, are required to self-isolate or have suffered from Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days of the event.
– You may attend the event provided you have complied with the current Government requirement regarding isolation – “it is now possible to end self-isolation after 7 days, following 2 negative tests taken 24 hours apart. The first test should not be taken before the 6th day.” On entry be prepared, if requested by a member of staff, to provide evidence of your negative lateral flow tests.
- On entry be prepared to show, if requested by a member of staff, proof that you currently do not have Covid-19; or that you have had both doses of vaccinations and at least 14 days have passed since the date of your last vaccination; or that you have previously had Covid-19 within the last 6 months (but not within 10 days prior to event you are attending).
Our accepted forms of proof for this are via – you will need to be able to show one of the following:
– NHS Covid Pass (available through the NHS phone App) If you are using this preferred form of proof we advise you to apply no later than 48 hours before attending the event to allow for your application to be processed in time.
Please have your App and pass open on your device ready to show our security team.
The NHS Phone app can be downloaded from here: Apple App Store (iPhone & iPad) | Google Play Store (Android phones)
– NHS Covid Pass Letter If you are using this form of proof we advise you apply as soon as possible in advance of attending the event so that your application can be processed and letter be received in time.
– Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail, received within 24 hours of attending the event. Free rapid lateral flow tests are available via the NHS website. To register the result from a lateral flow test see GOV.uk.
– Non UK Resident proof of vaccination: EU Digital Covid Pass or other digital or paper equivalents will be accepted. If travelling from outside the UK, please ensure you are only visiting in line with any quarantine rules in place at the time of the event.
Individuals under 18 are not required to demonstrate COVID status – If under 18 please bring any valid photo ID such as, but not limited to, Student ID, Travel Card, Driving License (including provisional) or any PASS accredited card
- We also encourage you to scan a QR code to check-in using the NHS COVID-19 app. Here is some advice on downloading and using the NHS Covid-19 app.
– Alternatively if you are unable to download the NHS Covid-19 app, please complete this track & trace form in advance and leave it in the collection box as you enter the venue.
- Please have your tickets ready to show for check-in, guidance and direction.
- Your safety remains paramount, we operate enhanced security procedures, and searches will be happening in a COVID-19 secure way – your patience will be appreciated.
- No backpacks or bags larger than A4 size will be permitted within the venue, there are no provisions for storage, please ensure your bag complies with our venue bag policy. See Security page for more information.
Food & Beverage
- Charles Hallé Restaurant is open for evening shows and some afternoon shows. Please contact Box Office for more information on 0161 907 9000. Booking is essential and can be done through the Box Office.
- The Stalls Café Bar is currently closed for dining.
- A limited bar service will be available.
- Please note – each patron is allowed to bring 1 bottle of water with them, max 500ml in a sealed plastic bottle.
- In line with government guidance, we are encouraging contactless/cashless payments at the Hall.
- For more information please see our Eating & Drink page
Patrons are requested not to linger in the foyers and are asked to keep moving along unless you are queuing for toilets or lifts.
Please consider others, giving them time and space to move around the venue, and understand they may have different requirements to yours.
Covid Positive and Unable to Attend
- In considering refunds please be ready to provide to us with official evidence of a positive lateral flow test or PCR test taken within seven days of the performance in question. Please contact the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional things to note
Patrons are encouraged to use hand-sanitisers, which will be stationed at the entrance and around the building.
Carefully managed toilet facilities will be available.
The cloakroom will be open, at a charge of £2.
We will continue to review covid-secure measures in line with government guidance. The Bridgewater Hall operates within the ASM Global network of venues and is supported by its comprehensive industry leading programme of cleanliness and hygiene – VenueShield.
Travel & Parking
INNSIDE by Melia Manchester is an ideal choice. The hotel is located two minutes’ walk from The Bridgewater Hall. INNSIDE offers 208 spacious, modern guest rooms, with comfortable king-size or twin beds, and fantastic cityscape views. More Info
INNSIDE by Melia, 1 First Street, Manchester M15 4RP
Tel: 0161 200 2500