At The Bridgewater Hall we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and want to ensure we are contributing to the reduction of carbon omissions where we can. To do this, we have an Environment Group, with members from all departments, who meet on a regular basis to discuss, monitor and implement progress in achieving a greener venue.
We have three key objectives: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. These 3 objectives form the basis of our Environmental Policy which can be viewed in more detail by clicking the link on the right. Environmental awareness is promoted across all levels in the organisation and we are currently working towards Manchester City Council and Groundwork's Environmental Business Pledge and have achieved the Silver Award.
Achievements so far:
- Silver Award for the Environmental Business Pledge
- On-going project to replace all light fittings in the building with low energy, LED lights
- Over 800 fairy lights in the main Auditorium replaced with energy saving bulbs, saving a massive 35,818Kw per year
- Junk-mail system set up to remove us from unwanted mailings in order to reduce paperwaste
- Coffee is sourced from Rain Forest Alliance
- Air-handling is carefully monitored by our Facilities Team to ensure we are not using energy unnecessarily
- Glass, plastic bottles, paper, cardboard, light bulbs, batteries are all recycled
- Gold Award for the Environmental Business Pledge
- Registering and working towards Julie's Bicycle
- Sourcing further recycling bins for our Artists' Bar